Monday, September 16, 2019

GOD SPEAKS #1 + SERIES INTRODUCTION

HEY THERE! Today I'm introducing a series in the blog called #GodSpeaks and here, I'll share with you the words that God speaks to me. I'm pretty sure that sometimes, when God is trying to speak to us, we don't listen or we don't pay attention or we simply don't realize and, I've always prayed for clarity and that He would never let me miss His voice in the midst of a busy life and I have felt that most of the messages I receive come when I'm worshipping or driving alone and some of them might not be as clear as others, however, I will share with you what The Lord puts in my heart.


So the other day, I was driving and listening to Elevation Worship's new album: At Midnight, just worshipping The Lord when it came to me this thought, The Lord knows everything, God already knew Abraham was going to offer his only son at His command, but then, God wasn't testing if Abraham would.


WOW. So many things to learn here, lets break it down:

#1: Obedience
I always tell God, "if You say so, it is so." but, would I take it as far as offering my own child? I can only imagine how hard that commandment must be, however, Abraham never questioned The Lord, and was quick to obey. I laugh at this because it just exposes me... "Why me, God?", "Take this away from me Lord" those are some expressions we use when something isn't going our way and after reading the story, I think we can agree that even when Abraham doesn't verbally say "Your will be done", his actions speak those exact words even louder. The outcome of the obedience was God's great blessing.

#2: Tests, trials & lessons
Sometimes we think God is testing our faith or our obedience but, there's a chance He's not, even when we have free will and He doesn't take decisions for us, He already knows everything, He knows if you're staying or not. Abraham's situation might have look like a trial but more thant that it was a lesson and a confirmation; a lesson of obedience, calm, faith... and a sure confirmation of God's faithfulness. Some situations might come to us in the shape of a trial, but it is only a trial to us, not to God, sometimes we need to be brought to were feet may fail so that we can rely on Him only & knowing that the battle is won.

#3: God is greater than the highs and the lows...
I'll only explain "the highs" part; once Abraham got interrupted by the angel God sent to tell him he didn't have to kill his son, first thing he did was finding another offering to burn and praise the Lord. So often when we get delivered from a situation, we receive a blessing, achieve a goal or get a nice surprise we forget to give thanks and praise the Lord when that should be the very first thing we do.

It's important that we learn and know about the promises God has made to us, I have a reason to believe that it was because Abraham knew and trusted God's faithfulness that he never doubted, even through the things he didn't understand.

Let's remember: God is faithful.

-J































No comments:

Post a Comment